ONCAMPUS Amsterdam is based on the campus of the University of Amsterdam, one of the best universities in the world.
It is the only on-campus preparation course in the Netherlands, offering you the opportunity to study Business and Economics and Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics in the heart of one of Europe’s most vibrant and appealing cities.
When you study with ONCAMPUS Amsterdam you have the opportunity to progress to the University of Amsterdam on successful completion of your Foundation programme.
Why study at the University of Amsterdam?
- The University of Amsterdam is ranked 77th in the 2014-15 THE World University Rankings
- In the 2014-15 QS Rankings, the UvA is ranked 50th overall
- Member of Universitas 21 - network of leading research universities
- Over 2,500 international students and researchers from over 100 countries
- Post-study work opportunities in the Netherlands
What can you study?
Undergraduate Foundation Programme
This one-year (3 term) programme offers progression to the University of Amsterdam. You will study your Foundation programme at our state-of-the-art Centre located at the heart of the University of Amsterdam campus.
What will I study?
This programme includes English and three academic subject modules. English will be integrated into the teaching of academicsubjects, as well as being taught separately for those who need additional support to develop their English language ability.
There are two academic pathways to choose from and you will study the pathway most suited to your chosen progression degree. Academic skills relevant to the specific subject area will be taught to fully prepare you for university study.
BSc PPLE (Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics)
The University of Amsterdam welcomes applications from Amsterdam FoundationCampus students that have successfully completed their Undergraduate Foundation Programme. The BSc PPLE is a three-year interdisciplinary full-time degree, completely taught in English, and includes a talent development programme and support and advice from a personal tutor.
BSc Economics and Business Economics
The University of Amsterdam offers guaranteed progression* to ONCAMPUS Amsterdam students. The BSc Economics and Business is a three-year full-time degree, completely taught in English.
*For guaranteed progression to BSc Economics and Business you will need to achieve:
- 6.5 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element below 6.0
- 60% average across three academic subjects (students must achieve 60% in Maths Module 1)
Key facts about Amsterdam
- Around 750,000 inhabitants
- 2nd best place to visit and One of the best cities in the world to live
- 17th safest city in the world (Mercer’s Personal Safety Ranking 2011)
- Birthplace of the world’s first public stock exchange.
- 20% of population is recent foreign descent, 180 nationalities in Amsterdam and more than 80% speaking English to a high level
- Over 16,000 performances per year and over 50 world-famous art galleries and museums
- The bicycle is the most popular form of transport in Amsterdam, which was voted the world’s best city for cycling in 2013.
- Amsterdam has more than 30 parks and public gardens and over a hundred tree-lined canals
Find out more about Amsterdam