At ONCAMPUS Rhode Island we prepare international students to succeed – academically, socially, and professionally – with a 1–year university pathway program that enables you to earn college credit while gaining a deeper understanding of the U.S., its education system, and which options are best for you.
Why choose ONCAMPUS Rhode Island?
- URI is highly ranked:
#158 National Universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)
#150 Best Undergraduate Business Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)
#116 Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2017)
#167 Research Universities (Forbes)
- Study in Rhode Island, the Ocean State, which is loved for its many beaches and the historic city of Newport.
- Successful ONCAMPUS Rhode Island students are guaranteed a place in one of more than 80 majors across URI’s 10 major academic units
- Post-study work opportunities in the U.S.
- Equivalent to a freshman year at a university; 30 credits upon successful completion
Our Foundation Program: University Transfer Program at ONCAMPUS Rhode Island
- 1st year of your degree through ONCAMPUS Rhode Island
- Earn 30 credits, a normal freshman course load, taking classes that are taught by URI faculty Benefit from small classes that are no more than 25 students per class
- In addition, you’ll receive supplemental instruction in English and other academic skills
The transition to college-level study is challenging for most students. This is especially true for international students who also have to adjust to a different culture, a different language, and an education system that is quite different from the one at home.
- A supportive environment that helps you acclimate quickly
- Instruction that builds academic skills (researching, using a library, making presentations)
- Ongoing instruction to build English language proficiency for general academics
- Ongoing academic support classes to strengthen your academic performance in the general education classes
- TOEFL preparation, including exam*
- Multiple options for your field of study including an option for those who are not ready to choose a major
- Ability to earn the same 30 college credits typical of any first year student
*Students will take one TOEFL exam