The University of Derby Online Learning (UDOL) is the thriving distance learning division of the University of Derby.
UDOL is now one of the UK’s leading universities for online distance learning. Our aim is to inspire people to achieve more and realise their academic ambitions by offering a more flexible study option.
We are dedicated to providing online learning degree courses, professional courses and CPD opportunities to people around the world. Our courses are studied entirely online, and study materials are available at any time via computer or mobile devices.
Online learning is a highly flexible way to further your skills and qualifications. With a busy life to juggle, home, work, friends and of course ‘you time’, it can be difficult fitting in a weekly visit to a local university. Studying online allows you to manage your studies around your commitments.
Wide choice of courses available
You can choose from short courses and top up degrees through to postgraduate qualifications. You can choose to start in September, January or May. Subject areas include:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Computing and IT
- Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Studies
- Environmental Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Health and Social care
See our course listing for full details or try one of our free course tasters to experience online learning first hand.
Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies such as The Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the Royal College of Nursing (RCN), the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and the Institute of Hospitality.
How online learning works at UDOL
Online learning allows you to develop a whole new international network of like-minded people in similar roles, enabling you to exchange ideas, share best practice and of course make friends with people from all across the world.
Our team of expert academics, online tutors and online learner advisors will be on hand to support and guide you throughout your studies.
Key benefits include:
- Structured online learning environment with assessment deadlines based around trimesters
- Flexibility to plan your study periods around individual commitments
- Access to engaging learning materials online at any time via a computer or mobile devices
- Expert academic advice and tuition from experienced online tutors with additional pastoral support from a dedicated online learner advisor
- Affordable fees and flexible payment plans
- Join a global community of like-minded professionals in your field
- Share sector experience and knowledge with fellow students
- Choice of three intakes – September, January and May
For more information about online learning with UDOL contact us or visit our website.