The course is based on an equivalent programme at Nottingham, UK (L100 Economics). However, it will span four years rather than three to incorporate a Preliminary year which will predominantly cover English language skills.
The main aims of a degree programme in Economics are as follows:
- To provide training in the principles of economics and their application
- To stimulate students intellectually through the study of economics and to lead them to appreciate its application to a range of problems and its relevance in a variety of contexts
- To provide a firm foundation of knowledge about the workings of the economy and to develop the relevant skills for the constructive use of that knowledge in a range of settings
- To develop in students the ability to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired to the solution of theoretical and applied problems in economics
- To equip students with appropriate tools of analysis to tackle issues and problems of economic policy
- To develop in students, through the study of economics, a range of transferable skills that will be of value in employment and self-employment
- To provide students with analytical skills and an ability to develop simplifying frameworks for studying the real world.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skill base, from which they can proceed to further studies in Economics, related areas or in multi-disciplinary areas that involve Economics
BSc International Economics and Trade
This course is based on an equivalent programme at The University of Nottingham, UK (L60 Economics and International Economics). However, it may span four years rather than three to incorporate a preliminary year which predominantly covers English language skills.
As one of the first students to complete this course at The University of Nottingham Ningbo China, you have the added advantage of exploring economics from the vantage point of China ? the second-largest economy in the world after three decades of rapid growth and social development. Your insights into the world's most remarkable economic success story along with your unique international experience will impress any future employer.
On this Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree programme, you will enjoy all the benefits that come with this distinctive and intellectually rigorous training for the next generation of economists. By the time you graduate you will:
- have a thorough understanding of economic theory and quantitative methods
- be familiar with the key analytical techniques that economists use
- have the expertise to analyse international economic issues
- have specialist insights into China's place in the world economy
You will be taught by leading scholars in the field of economics. As an undergraduate, you can expect to study in an intellectually stimulating environment with other bright students from around the globe.
Find out more about the course structure of the BSc Economics; BSc International Economics and Trade.
We offer PhD opportunities in many areas of economics. As a postgraduate student, you will have unrivalled access to world-renowned economic experts.
For more information, please visit Graduate School or contact us.