Established in 1822, the University's Royal Charter is the oldest in Wales and England after the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. In 2011 HRH Prince of Wales became its Royal Patron. At UWTSD we understand that choosing a university and studying overseas can be one of the biggest decisions you will make. You are making a considerable investment in your future and it is a decision we take seriously. Students come to study at UWTSD from 70 countries including North America, Middle East, and Asia and European continents.
At UWTSD we understand the type of support our international and European student’s needs, we have a dedicated international office to help advise you about your study choices as well as other dedicated student support departments throughout the university helping you to settle into student life.
The International Office Services offered include:
- Pastoral care to all international students on all campuses.
- Orientation and welcome programmes to help you settle in and make new friends.
- An airport welcome service from Heathrow airports in London.
- Study skills and English language support.
- Cultural Programmes, a series of weekend trips around Wales and other famous places in the UK and National Day celebrations.
Here are some reasons why overseas students are choosing to study at UWTSD:
- Established in 1822 and with the HRH Prince of Wales as our Royal Patron UWTSD has a long-standing reputation for Higher Education Excellence.
- UWTSD is a Global University, 10% of our student population from over 70 countries choose to study with us every year.
- As a degree student at UWTSD you’ll learn about your subject and have the opportunity to gain the skills employers seek.
- South West Wales has a comparatively low cost of living.
- London is only 3 hours away by rail from our Swansea Campus.
- Wales was voted one of the top 10 countries in the world to visit in 2016 (Rough Guides, 2016)
What can I Study?
UWTSD has over 300 courses across all campuses including: Animation, Anthropology, Archaeology, Automotive Design, Automotive Engineering, Business and Management, Computing, Counselling, Digital Media, Electronics, Engineering, Events, Fine Arts, Glass, History, Humanities, Leisure and Tourism, Logistics and Transport, Music, Performing Arts, Photography and Filmmaking, Psychology, Sports, Textiles, Teaching, Visual Communication and Youth and Community Work.
Study at Wales' Number 1 Art & Design School the Swansea College of Art, Founded in 1853
Overseas students find our Art and Design programmes both challenging and exciting, not just for our state-of-the-art technology but also the opportunity to blend technology with traditional methods. Modules are designed to help you gain employment skills and in the third year of an undergraduate degree you are encouraged to enter national and international art and design competitions and undertake external projects that apply your individual creativity, extend your portfolio and your professional profile. UWTSD Swansea College of Art has an excellent range of visiting lecturers, regularly holds conferences and symposia that give you a much broader understanding of art and design.